samedi 15 avril 2023

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 04/23

 

It's always nice to make gifts, nice too to receive some
and use them in our stitching projects.

It's great and fun to show all this and the perfect place is
on Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month
for the Gifted Gorgeousness post.
*


Cadeaux donnés ou reçus, toutes les occasions sont bonnes
pour partager nos coups de coeur et participer au "Gifted Gorgeousness"
de Jo - Serendipitous Stitching.




I couldn't wait Easter to send the felt beach to Soline! 
Full post about it in FFGallery on April 10th!



Avec les martiens et Pâques, j'ai déjà montré la plage pour Soline et les anatidés maintenant parisiens.


March birthdays were celebrated at home with all the girls and their families.

My three guys have found a new home in DD2 flat, I made them for her birthday and she loved it.




Couture / Sewing

In my WIP, there are some gifts for a friend who's expecting a baby soon. The bib is finished and I have started a new toy.




It"s from a designer I love and have already made different creations for kids : Zazobouzi. I met her in last DIY fair and bought this kit called the " forest bundle?" as you can take it everywhere you wanted (as making a bag for clothes bringing the four corners of a fabric square), this one can be rolled up.

It's a little landscape with some pockets and nine animals.

I have cut every piece and baste them together.



I won't sew the velcro strip as it's for a baby who could put it in the mouth (in a few months of course).

Mes projets du moment se concentrent sur la fabrication de cadeaux pur le futur bébé de Laurine : un kit baluchon de chez Zazobouzi thème forêt, coupé et faufilé ainsi que la confection d'un album de naissance en rassemblant des idées de découpage piquées ça et là.


Scrapbooking

I'm planning to make a birth book for the baby and you have already seen the stork nest made with cotton pads, feathers, straw.

I'm cutting and folding a small bed, a drawer chest, a kite, a camera, places where you can glue a photo or write something about the baby




You can open the kite to put a picture or open the doors of the cupboard and remove the drawer.

Some small envelopes with tiny cards for the weight, the size of the baby


Amond other ideas :  an air balloon, a clock, a little train for toys, a sheep, hedgehogs, maybe flowers and dragonfly...

Les pages seront décorées avec des découpages sur le thème chambre d'enfants, jouets, avec quand c'est possible des pochettes, des cartons amovibles.



Felt / Feutrine

Capucine asked me for a felt set like the one I made for Soline and she chose "desert" as a theme.

So I was putting some ideas together to make a landscape with a sand mat, vegetations for arid aeras and animals.

Cactus were my first easy choice






Then I'm thinking of camels, birds, maybe a crocodile, fennec fox could be fun. I'll need a new palmtree and aloe vera near a small pond like an oasis. And I must find a way for a sand rose.


At some point my spirit slipped to Egypt and I might love to add a couple of Ancient Egypt characters and whynot a pyramid with a mummy!


Nouveau projet en feutrine, cette fois-ci une commande personnalisée pour Capucine qui souhaite un thème "désert". J'ai commencé la confection de cactus, il me faudra une copie du palmier fait dernièrement, d'autres plantes d'oasis et des animaux : dromadaire, fennec, rapace, peut-être un crocodile. Je cherche un moyen de bricoler une rose des sables.

Cette ballade dans les dunes désertiques m'a conduite en Egypte et il se pourrait que mon décor abrite une tente de nomades, des personnages de l'ancien Empire voire une pyramide et une momie !


Tricot / Knitting

DD3 and her boyfriend behind the BOO cover!  (Full post about it in a few days).

Un petit article récap sur la confection de la couverture dans quelques jours !



For Easter I have bought a Ken doll for Capucine and made a crocheted pullover for him.




The wool was thicker than I expected so it results that it's more difficult to put on the doll. I started immediatly another one with the wool I used for the Boo cover. It is better.




I also started a puncho made with leftover wools.










3 commentaires:

  1. It's always fun to visit your blog...you are so creative in all that you do. The beach scene makes me want to visit the ocean! The woodland creatures look like they would be fun to play with too! I love the blanket! Well done!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I like the portable forest bundle.
    Ken is cool in his poncho.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love all your creativity! The baby blanket and book are going to be wonderful for the happy parents. Looking forward to the desert scene too, watch out for scorpions!
    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer