lundi 15 juillet 2024

GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS 07/24


It's always nice to make gifts, nice too to receive some
and use them in our stitching projects.

It's great and fun to show all this and the perfect place is
on Jo's blog Serendipitous Stitching on the 15th of each month
for the Gifted Gorgeousness post.
*


Cadeaux donnés ou reçus, toutes les occasions sont bonnes
pour partager nos coups de coeur et participer au "Gifted Gorgeousness"
de Jo - Serendipitous Stitching.


It's a tradition now, I open my post with homemade birthday cards

Since last month post, my three cards have been finished and sent to "end of June birthdays".

A good friend who received this wardrobe and the birthday of Capucine who got this funny frog and her new crocheted dress.







Timothé loved his card too.










I'm back on "handbag" cards and after cutting the bag I'm making perfume bottles and make up accessories.






Next family birthday will be DD3 in september but I need a new idea. I kept a picture of a "honey" themed card and I'm "cross pollinating" (as Melissa said in WIPocalypse) my ideas between crafting and cross stitching (that will be the perfect time ever to use this formula) with my beehive project for Capucine's doll .

Remember?  




I cut a honey pot and I'm making stitched cells with honey beads that I want to glue on the lid. So when you open the pot you get the wishes on the back. I'd like to add some tiny bees, maybe on the pot and find a way to use a real wax piece I found in my stash.







Un peu d'ombrage au crayon de couleur sur le bord du miel. 

Some orange shadow on the edge of the honey.

Confection de deux petites abeilles avec du DMC Diamant grande pour les ailes.
Two little bees made with DMC Diamant gold grande thread.

I have added some thick paper (taken in a perfume box) to manage a space to slide the top.
Pour pouvoir glisser le couvercle, rajout d'une épaisseur sur le pourtour intérieur du pot.







Back to cross stitch, my Lady with the unicorn was a gift from DD3, here is my update.




We went to the wedding of our cousin. Clare has recently shown a lovely card, she kindly sent me the pattern. I'm changing it as it's for two wives and give it a look close to the outfits of the happy couple.




I have started the foliage from the heads to the right side of the pattern
then on the left and at the
bottom I had a difference
between my ranks!

After frogging and two restarts
I'm ok now.





Great news, my Tour de France n° 6 is ready to go!  Gift from me to those you'd like to travel around my country.








All is explained here :


Remember this year theme :  English vocabulary

There will be 17 stages in 17 towns, their nouns sounding like English words or verbs, adjectives or adverbs.

Like, for example,  the towns of Gap or Tours.

As usual, first post on the Tuesday will give you the number of the department with a map and sometimes clues to find your way, more clues on the Thursday.

On Sunday afternoon, with the solution, I'll show you the town and its aera with pictures of DIY bloggers, crafters, stitchers, designers inspired by the city or the characters who have been your guids.

I hope you'll propose names, I will reply in the comments and good answers will stay hidden until the Sunday.

Your first guid on Tuesday July 23th will be...      William Shakespeare  himself!



3 commentaires:

  1. Awww your cards are precious, you have so many good ideas! The little crochet dress is precious! The unicorn Cross stitch is really lovely!! And I wish you Bon Voyage on your journey! I'll try to follow along! Happy Stitching!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I love everything bee themed, that honey pot card is such a great idea! I also hadn't seen the doll beehive before, so thanks for the throwback.
    Looking forward to starting to tour France with you next week!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love all the different cards you've been making. Nice work on the Lady & the Unicorn too.
    Exciting news about the new Tour too. Many of the phrases we say come from Shakespeare so I'm looking forward to seeing what he shares with us to start the Tour.

    RépondreSupprimer