mardi 22 août 2023

LES LOUFOQUERIES DE MOLLY

It's a fact, DIY is like a special syndrome, there are some effects I inherited from my Mum, some days I know that it is a day to cut fabric and the sewing will go well or for paper crafts. It's like I feel in my fingers what should be on the working table because it's the right moment. Add to this the fever of homemade spirit and you've got the diagnosis.


Most of the time it's for classic projects : clothes, gifts, new Christmas ornaments, but some mornings a little mischevious imp wakes me up.


This time, it all begun with 3 empty dvd boxes I had to throw away. As simple as it looks, I watched them for many days and felt they were telling me, don't throw us, give us a new life, make something different.


That "recycling" movement is good for the planet but a torment for people like me who see different uses for unemployed things and can't throw away leftovers and the internet isn't helping at all with all those creations of such inspired artists.


Me voilà de nouveau en proie à une fièvre bricoleuse, le tourment du recyclage aggravant mon état et certains matins c'est comme si mes doigts me faisaient comprendre quelle activité sera la plus pertinente pour un résultat efficace. Le diagnostic étant posé, le syndrome du fait maison frappe encore et cette fois tout commence avec des boîtes vides de dvd.


And I must add I love boxes (it could explain something too). So what could I store in them, something small, flat. Like...    maybe pins, earrings, jewels... 


That's it! I had those two lovely necklaces with little girls waiting for a storage box better than a little bag and I have dreamed to cross stitch a small pouch with a pattern of houses and gardens as they would go back to their homes. Very great idea but meaning a big work, long hours of design and stitching. Maybe they could already move to a nice place, quick and easy.


I already feel better that wacky idea out of my mind!




Il semble important de leur donner une seconde vie et donc de leur trouver un nouvel usage pour le rangement de quelque chose de petit, de plat, peut-être des pins, des bijoux, des boucles d'oreilles...

C'est parti, confection de patrons, fouille dans les boîtes de tissus et rubans pour trouver un décor sympa pour mes deux petites demoiselles en collier.





On recouvre de jolis tissus des cartons, perce un ancien cd de pub pour fixer des attaches pour aider à maintenir les chaînes en place.








As the second box was different, they were two little plastic clips in the middle to slide a small booklet.  I could made a kind of page in an old awful stiff canvas I had in my Mum stash edged with ribbons.





Le second projet sera légèrement différent puisque cette boîte
dispose de deux clips en plastique qui vont me permettre de glisser
une page coupée dans une toile toute raide bordée de jolis rubans.
Elle pourra recevoir pins ou bouches d'oreilles.





Last thing, the cover, it's a page of a magazine and drawings of Capucine.

Reste à finaliser la couverture avec une page de magazine et des dessins de Capucine.






2 commentaires:

  1. What a really clever way to recycle some old plastic cases. Beautiful and functional too.
    Serendipitous Jo

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. It looks like the dvd cover has gotten a nice second life. I like your idea.
    The ribbon and fabric are cute. And I think the hand-drawn picture of the Capucina added to the memory.😊

    RépondreSupprimer